The Town of Shutesbury put out an RFI requesting information for Network Operator and Internet Service Provider services on their fiber network currently under construction. They have been willing to share the responses here to allow other towns to see what kind of responses to expect and compare these to WiredWest's regional management plan. Keep [...]
Some town officials think of WiredWest as a “Them” like another service provider trying to sell something. WiredWest is “Us.” It’s an approach to procuring services and managing our broadband networks as a team rather than individually. Now that we are nearing the point of putting networks into service, we have a choice of whether [...]
The following letter was sent to DSL questioning aspects of their guidance memo. Note specifically there are two main concerns: The Enterprise Fund entity created by adopting G.L. c. 44, § 53F1⁄2 is not an MLP. It would require a town meeting to appropriate the use of sales income to meet expenses. Since the Enterprise Fund [...]
WiredWest Management The WiredWest Executive Committee (which comprises a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Vice Treasurer, Clerk, and up to four additional ackhauloard members) will continue to serve on a volunteer basis and be intimately involved with the affairs of WiredWest on a volunteer basis. The Executive Committee will meet twice a month to discuss and [...]
(Updated with revised edition on November 30, 2017) This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to demonstrate the towns' intention to participate in the WiredWest Regional Broadband Management Plan. It allows us to design optimized regional backhaul connections that will minimize costs for the member towns and maximize resilience of the network. The number of towns [...]
WiredWest wishes to inform you of a conference being hosted by the Town of Heath on the subject of Municipal Lighting Plant (MLP) accounting and management, with special focus on legal and accounting matters pertaining to building and operating a broadband network. The subject matter will be relevant to accountants and town officials of all [...]
- 12/24/2017 update map data page with advice for viewing pole, premise, and route map data.
- 12/24/2017 MLP Accounting
- 12/24/2017 Added a Recorder article to the media page.
- 12/6/2017 Response to DLS Guidance letter
- 11/30/2017 Posted Revised Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between towns and WW
- 8/17/2017 Posted WiredWest Financial and Business Management Procedures
- 8/5/2017 Posted announcement for Heath MLP Conference
- 8/5/2017 Posted Legal notes on MLP Authority
- 8/3/2017 WiredWest Backhaul and Edge Case Considerations for Adjacent Towns
- 6/21/2017 Template IGA for WG&E Network Design and Construction
- 6/12/2017 Plainfield Q&A
- 6/11/2017 Pole Primer in Advice for Towns section
- 5/14/2017 Info about map data
- 4/23/2017 Added Understanding WiredWest's Role also as a printable download.
- 4/22/2017 Updated Advice for Towns including town status and added Last Mile Infrastructure Grant Program
- 4/9/2017 Added One Page Description for Public Handout to the Recent Info page
Template InterGovernmental Agreement (IGA) with Westfield G&E for Fiber Network Design and Construction
This is a template for an InterGovernmental Agreement (IGA) with Westfield G&E for Fiber Network Design and Construction. It is based on an IGA approved by KP Law and has been accepted by WG&E. It should be customized for your town and reviewed by Town Counsel. Portions that are not necessary may be stripped out and [...]