WiredWest Town & Delegate Liaison
David Dvore is the Town and Delegate Liaison for WiredWest.
WiredWest Meeting Information
Please share the following information with your town officials.
- WW FY16 FY17 Financial Reports
- Suggested Resolution Article for Town Meeting Warrant
- Sample Resolution Article from Washington
Required Delegate Ethics Information
All WiredWest delegates and alternates are required to review and complete the following:
2. Review the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Summary of Conflict of Interest Law for Municipal Employees and complete and submit the Acknowledgment of Receipt of Conflict of Interest Materials.
3. Completion of State Ethics online training and submission of completion certificate.
All required submissions in #1 to #3 above should be given to the WiredWest Clerk.
They can be mailed to: WiredWest, Attn: Clerk, Old Courthouse, 99 Main Street, Northampton, MA, 01060.
WiredWest Bylaws, Policies, and Agreements
WiredWest Financial Information
WiredWest Fiber Town Tool Kit for Delegates
Note that some of the documents below will need to be customized to reflect your town-specific details. Look for information marked in <bold>.
- Fiber Town Campaign Overview and Ideas for Delegates
- Online Sign-up Link
- Select Board mailing cover letter
- Sign-up email template
- One-page promotional piece for DSL subscribers This can be used as a stand-alone piece or content used for newsletters, letters , etc., to address the benefits of WiredWest for DSL users
- Is DSL Good Enough?
- Cost Comparison of WiredWest vs existing service pricing
WiredWest Graphics for Delegate Use
These graphics are available for delegates to use in materials, and on town websites to support the Fiber Town campaign. Images must remain intact and not have the scale or content manipulated.
November 2014 WiredWest / Massachusetts Broadband Institute Meeting Reference Information
Municipal Lighting Plant (MLP) Information
- Instructions on Establishing and Certifying a Municipal Lighting Plant
- Recommended Warrant Article for the creation of a Municipal Lighting Plant
- To see if the Town will vote to authorize the Board of Selectmen to take all necessary and appropriate action to establish and to maintain, in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 164 of the General Laws and in accordance with the rules, regulations and orders of the Department of Public Utilities and the Department of Telecommunications & Cable, a municipal lighting plant for all purposes allowable under the laws of the Commonwealth, including without limitation the operation of a telecommunications system and any related services, or to take any other action relative thereto.
- Double-sided Municipal Lighting Plant information sheet for distribution at town meetings and information sessions This piece can be used at town meetings (if allowed), pre-meeting information sessions, and copies can be placed in town halls, libraries and other town meeting venues.
- Legal Notes Regarding Regional MLP Operation and Collaboration
- MLP Article for Town Newsletters This can be submitted to online and/or printed town newsletters. Please note the last paragraph where you will need to insert your name as the WiredWest town delegate.
- WiredWest Cooperative Agreement (8/13/2011) and WiredWest Bylaws (2012-08-25)
Additional Reference Information
- Wireless Primer
- Sample Support letter from Select Boards
- WiredWest Project Overview
- Telecommunications Network Glossary
- Project Reference Information (including videos)
- Smart Grid Overview